The Obligitory Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
With all the strawberries and rhubarb the past 2 weeks in the fruit share I have now enjoyed this crisp twice:)
-Rhubarb (1-2 stalks)
-Strawberries (1-2 pints)
-3/4 C sugar or sweetener of your choice
-4 T margarine or oil
-1/2 C steel cut oats
-1/2 C flour (I used whole wheat)
1. Peel rhubarb and slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Slice strawberries.
2. Mix rhubarb, berries, 1/2 of the sugar (agave nectar works well) and the cornstarch in a bowl. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours to get the berry juices flowing.
3. Mix oats with flour and remaining sugar (brown sugar is nice here). Cut in margarine by hand to form crumbles.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking dish. Add berry mixture, top with crumble and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Eat immediately with ice cream, whipped cream etc.