I love kale. Here are two of my favorite ways to eat it when I am sick of steaming it:
These chips are delicious and remind me of the Nori snacks you find in asian grocers. Even better served with ketchup for dipping.
1. Preheat oven to 400. Wash kale thoroughly and dry in salad spinner or with towels.
2. Remove tough stems and rip kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. Rub enough olive oil into kale until the leaves are coated and glistening (approx. 2 tsp for a bunch).
4. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and other spices if you wish.
5. Bake 10 min. or until crisp.
and a true summer fave… even more delicious with a side of quinoa.
Raw Kale Salad
1 t Olive Oil
1 t Sesame Oil
1 t Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari
1/4 Red Onion
1/2 Red Pepper
1. Wash kale thoroughly and dry in salad spinner or with towels.
2. Remove tough stems. Shred kale by rolling leaves into tubes and slicing into strips width-wise. Place in salad bowl.
3. Cut red onion and red pepper into thin strips and add to kale.
4. Mince garlic and add to kale.
5. Add olive oil, sesame oil and Braggs to taste.
6. This is the fun part, put a lid on the salad bowl and start shaking! Shake until kale is coated with oil and reduced in volume by approx. half.
7. Eat abundantly!